Anxiety is that one person who overstays their welcome. Sometimes anxiety can be a good thing as it is a normal and healthy emotion that signals to our brain and body that something may be amiss. This allows for appropriate action and increased awareness to take place. However, when that feeling is consistent and overwhelming, it can disrupt one’s life so much so that regular activities are difficult,and worry and fear become consuming.
Anxiety can manifest in different ways:
- Difficulty sleepy
- Panic attacks
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) characterized by abdominal pain, cramping, gas, bloating, constipation, diarrhea
This list is probably inciting some anxiety in you right now. But, FEAR NOT, Shine Family!
There are ways to mitigate the signs and symptoms of the feelings of anxiety:
- Breathing exercises and meditation have been shown to decrease cortisol (the stress hormone), increase awareness, and decrease feelings of anxiety.
- Magnesium helps nourish the nervous system to a calming state preventing panic attacks, irritability, restlessness, and anxiety.
- B vitamins are known to protect the nervous system and boost mood.
- In the words of Elle Woods in Legally Blonde, “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy!” Endorphins are, in fact, naturally occurring painkillers that help improve sleep and mood, cause stress reduction, and boost self-esteem. So, don’t forget to schedule in some physical activity at least 2-3 times a week for 30-60 minutes each session.
- Decrease or eliminate caffeine consumption. Caffeine is a stimulant that increases heart rate, causes sweating, and increases feelings of anxiety. If you are prone to feeling anxious, consider decreasing and eventually eliminating your caffeine intake. It’ll be difficult at first, but trust us, your nerves will thank you!
Feeling anxious constantly should NOT be your norm. Our doctors at Shine Natural Medicine will help evaluate your situation, order lab work, and customize a plan specific to your needs. They will make sure your supplements and vitamin and IV formulas are formulated with what you need to fully improve your health and mental well-being.
For inquiries and to make an appointment, call our clinic today to take the first steps to improving your mood and eliminating your anxiety.
Call us today at 858-480-5024!
You can also email us at email@example.com