Medical Marijuana 101 with Dr. Rachna Patel
We are getting a little controversial this week 🙂 Are you ready?
Dr. Noel covers a controversial topic this week: medical marijuana. And we’re not talking about getting stoned or high from smoking a joint and ending up feeling paranoid, anxious or having the munchies. Dr. Lo chats with “The Medical Marijuana Expert” Dr. Rachna Patel about how the plant’s compounds, used periodically, can be helpful for patients dealing with chronic pain, anxiety and insomnia.
Some of the things you’ll discover in this week’s podcast are:
- Why you don’t have to smoke marijuana to get results (and why it’s better you don’t smoke it).
- Why patients don’t need to consume it daily to get results.
- Why feeling high can be avoided and how to skip the unwanted side effects that make you feel paranoid or anxious.
- How the compounds in the plant impact pain.
- What research has found on the effects to the brain after using marijuana.
- Why medical marijuana is effective for veterans and certain autistic children.
- The four types of patients who should NOT use medical marijuana.
- The science behind what makes marijuana addictive and how to avoid the problem.
- The simple difference between marijuana and hemp.
Dr. Patel’s experience with marijuana as medicine started in her early years as an ER doctor. She treated patients who had overdosed, suffered serious side effects and addiction to the pharmaceutical opioid painkillers and sleep drugs she and fellow doctors were prescribing.
Hosted by Dr. Lauren “Lo” Noel of Shine Natural Medicine. Like this week’s topic? Leave a 5-star review and comment or future show suggestion at iTunes.