Prevent the Common Cold and Flu this Season with Natural Remedies
As the weather gets cooler and the days shorter, we start to wonder when the dreaded diseases of the season will descend upon us. The key to staying healthy well beyond flip-flop season is managing your susceptibility and boosting your immune system.
Have you noticed that flu season tends to correspond with the holiday season? Pumpkin lattes, Halloween candy, and delicious desserts may be less than jolly for your body. Overindulgence in sugar, alcohol, and food allergens can do a number on your immune system. Similarly, lack of sleep and elevated stress affect your body’s natural ability to fight off viruses and bacteria.
The first step to preventing illness is self-care.
- Nourish your body with lots of water
- Get plenty of rest
- Maintain your exercise routine
- Mitigate stress with deep breathing and calming activities
- Find ways to make healthy food choices
- Indulge in moderation
Still want a bigger boost of prevention? Consider a supplement that combines the best nature has to offer to keep your immune system optimized. Here at Shine we recommend:
- Biovegetarian by Priority One – combination of herbs to boost your immune system
- Monolaurin – especially good for combating those voracious viral illnesses
- Lifeguard Immune Boosting shot – includes our special Shine blend along with ample Vitamin A and D to help prevent and fight infection
Plenty of us try this prevention thing, but what can you do if your susceptibility slipped? At first sign of illness there are 3 things to get you going again:
- rest, and a
- Lifeguard Immune Boosting shot or IV Therapy
Multiple shots a week are a great way to stave off illness if you’re starting to feel run down. A nutritional IV can also be customized for you if you’re feeling under the weather. The sooner you start boosting, the shorter and less severe the course of illness can be if it even manifests at all.
Shine has everything you need to stay healthy and get healthy no matter the season.