Stop Belly Bloat with Kristi Acuña
Do you work out, eat well and still manage to gain weight, especially around the belly? Dr. Lo talks with holistic nutritionist Kristi Acuña about the culprits behind why you’re gaining weight (and holding it in your midsection) and best of all, how to get rid of the problem for good. It’s easier than you think!
Think of fat loss like making money when you sleep. Rest so that fat-burning hormones can turn on.” – Dr. Lo
This week’s guest, Kristi Acuña was born with the autoimmune disease of full-body psoriasis. Nothing helped for her first 20 years. And then her mom became her own health expert and put Kristi on a 21-day detox plan. Within one year her psoriasis cleared up, she lost weight and felt much better. That simple! There’s a major connection between skin and gut.
Kristi explains how bloating is a side effect of consuming too much sugar, carbs and/or wheat which create an overgrowth of pathogens like yeasts, parasites and bacteria in the gut. These are few examples of bloating culprits that we discuss on the show.
Gut problems come from organisms that digest YOU instead of you digesting them.” – K. Acuna
Some of the things you’ll discover in this week’s podcast are:
- Why Kristi is serious when she says lard is a superfood
- The most common digestive problems don’t stem from too much stomach acid but just the opposite
- How stomach acid levels are directly linked to osteoporosis
- How poorly functioning adrenals are the main reason you’ve got that belly bulge and how sleep–not diet–is the best way to fix it
- The most important thing you should be doing every night between midnight and 2 a.m. and why
- How crossfitters and triathletes may be doing more harm than good to their bodies
- Kristi’s 4 steps to breaking the sugar craving cycle
- The wonder herb Kristi recommends for belly bloating
- The foods that cause bloating the most
Also mentioned in this week’s podcast:
- Organifi, Dr. Lo’s green drink of choice is the show sponsor. Save 20% off anything you order at organifi.com when you enter DRLO at checkout.
- If you need a little extra health support or want help with a customized detox or weight loss program, Dr. Lauren Noel and her team are available either in-person or remotely through Shine Natural Medicine.
- Dr. Lo’s podcast on SIBO and digestive health can be listened to here.
- You can learn more about Kristi Acuna through her website, holisticallykristi.com, her YouTube channel or on Instagram, @holisticallykristi.
- Follow Dr. Lo on Snapchat and Instagram @healthylo.
Hosted by Dr. Lauren “Lo” Noel of Shine Natural Medicine. Like this week’s topic? Leave a 5-star review and comment or future show suggestion at iTunes.