Are you struggling with high blood pressure? High blood sugar and glucose levels? You should definitely tune in for this episode!
I am really excited to welcome – for the third time – my colleague, Dr. Chad Larson to the show. We are chatting about something that everyone could benefit from knowing more about – metabolic syndrome!
- What metabolic syndrome actually is + how it impacted Dr. Chad
- The 5 criteria of metabolic syndrome
- The difference between a conventional approach vs a naturopathic approach to metabolic syndrome
- How metabolic syndrome impacts hormone levels in men
- A good fasting insulin number to look for
- How to utilize overnight fasting to improve your overall health
- Dr. Larson’s simple recipe for sugar-free, healthy “ice cream”
- Easy things you can start implementing today to help decrease your chances of developing metabolic syndrome
- Why walking a half hour a day and getting an extra hour of sleep can help decrease belly fat
- A little bit about Dr. Larson’s FREE guide for immune and metabolism support
- And so much more!
Grab Dr. Larson’s FREE guide here!
Other Dr. Lo Radio episodes featuring Dr. Chad Larson here and here.
Dr. Larson’s Bio:
Dr. Larson holds a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine degree from Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine and a Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Southern California University of Health Sciences, graduating with honors. He is a Certified Clinical Nutritionist and a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist.
His practice integrates naturopathic medicine with cutting-edge laboratory testing and diagnostic imaging. This integrative approach to medicine includes diet and nutritional counseling, prolotherapy, regenerative injection therapy (RIT), chiropractic manipulative therapy, bio-identical hormone balancing, intravenous (IV) nutritional therapy, and natural alternatives to prescription drugs.
He particularly pursues advanced developments in the fields of endocrinology, orthopedics, sports medicine, and environmentally-induced chronic disease.
He has been featured on local and national radio and television programs discussing a broad range of health issues. Dr. Larson has been invited to lecture to a variety of groups from the U.S. Army Special Forces to executive leadership groups to universities and healthcare practitioners. He has published articles in various consumer and professional periodicals and has worked with the Research & Development departments of nutritional supplement companies. Dr. Larson also stays on the cutting edge of laboratory science as an advisor and consultant to Cyrex Laboratories.
Dr. Larson is Board Certified in both Naturopathic Medicine and Chiropractic.