We’ve been getting this question a lot so we wanted to address it head on. 1) We don’t recommend that you get the flu shot. While we at Shine are not opposed to certain vaccines, we do not recommend the flu shot because of the toxins added and the lack of efficacy. Vaccines are tools, like any other medical treatment, and we choose not to recommend this tool. This is especially true if you’re pregnant. We do not recommend the flu shot for pregnant women.
2) Why? The flu vaccine has toxins, the most common are thimerosol, MSG and preservatives! Thimerosol is a type of mercury. All mercury is toxic to the body, no matter how small the amount. MSG is an excitotoxin that damages the brain. The preservatives used in the flu shots are harsh and come from questionable sources. All you need to do is look at the CDC’s list of flu vaccine ingredients to decide for yourself.
Here are some of the most common flu shots:
- Influenza (FluMist) Quadrivalent: monosodium glutamate, hydrolyzed porcine gelatin, arginine, sucrose, dibasic potassium phosphate, monobasic potassium phosphate, ovalbumin, gentamicin sulfate, ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA)
- Influenza (Fluzone) Quadrivalent: ormaldehyde, egg protein, octylphenol ethoxylate (Triton X-100), sodium phosphate- buffered isotonic sodium chloride solution, thimerosal (multi-dose vials), sucrose
- Influenza (Flucelvax) Trivalent & Quadrivalent: Madin Darby Canine Kidney (MDCK) cell protein, protein other than HA, MDCK cell DNA, polysorbate 80, cetyltrimethlyammonium bromide, and β-propiolactone
3) Why? The flu vaccine is not effective. Each year the flu virus will mutate into a new version. This is called antigenic drift. The antigens / pathogenic portions of the virus change. No one besides Nature itself can fully predict how an organism will mutate. Scientists guess, based on past mutations and vaccines, how the virus will change each year. But it’s a guess. This year, the jury is still out, but depending on your source, efficacy ranges around 20% so far.
4) You can support your immune system naturally so many other ways!
- Get our Immune Shot instead! This isn’t a vaccine, it’s a vitamin shot that helps support your immune system!
- Having healthy vitamin D levels in your body
- Eating a healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables
- Washing your hands while you are working, and as the first thing you do when you get home, and not touching your face throughout the day
- Taking supportive supplements like: Vitamin C, elderberrry syrup, probiotics, fish oil, vitamin D, zinc, and so much more!
- IV therapy and vitamin shots take immune support to the next level – so don’t wait to boost your immune system until before it’s too late
- AVOID SUGAR – sugar competes with vitamin C for entrance into your cells – so sugar isn’t doing you a favor from the ground up!
Take care of yourselves,
– xo, Shine Team