Staying healthy during the holidays can be a challenge. With the stress of shopping, cooking, and traveling, and being in so many crowds, our immune systems are challenged. This makes us more susceptible to getting sick.
Here are some of Shine’s tips to stay healthy this holiday season:
- Drink plenty of water. Water is important to keep our cells plump and healthy. Water also helps flush out any toxins that might be lingering.
- Sleep, sleep, sleep. Getting enough sleep is vital to a healthy immune system. While we sleep, the immune system works as the body rests.
- Vitamin C. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that protects our cells from free radical damage, helps with tissue repair, and is important for immune system function.
- Healthy whole foods. Adequate amounts of protein, fiber, and fat will nourish the body leaving it better equipped to boost the immune system.
- Eating healthy during the holidays can be intimidating. A quality multivitamin can help fill in the gaps that our holiday diets can leave.
- Sometimes our best efforts with diet and rest are not enough, and we need to add in some supplements specific for cold and flu. At Shine, we carry various tinctures that help alleviate symptoms while killing the viral or bacterial pathogens that may be causing your symptoms.
- Vitamin injections and IVs. At Shine, we offer vitamin injections and IVs to help our community stay healthy year-round! These therapies can help boost your immune system at the first signs of illness so you can nip it in the bud right away! Come in feeling run-down and leave feeling like you can take on the world!
We hope these tips and more help you Shine during the holidays!
We wish you happy and healthy holidays!
Please stop by or call the clinic for more guidance.